Friday, January 14, 2011

I just want to let everyone know what’s going on with me and the pregnancy

Thank you to my wonderful mid-wife who has gone above and beyond
her call of duty to provide me with the greatest care through both of my
pregnancy’s.  We have been doing lots and lots of blood test to rule 
out different factors of having another huge loss in our family.  
First we did hormone testing (lots of it).  Which all came back with great 
results.  Next she was telling me of this blood test that they do that has 
something to do with proteins in your blood that cause blood clots.  It is
called Thrombophilias.  Well after like 12 veils of blood and a week of waiting 
for the results to come back we have found out that I do have low proteins S, which 
does cause the blood clotting.
What come next is going to see a hematologist.  I have an appointment this
monday.  I am also going to see a Ob, that was suggested to me by Alison.
I am pretty sure at this point my chance of having a home birth is out of the 
picture, but I know where my heart lies.  
I also think that this may give me some answers to some of my unanswered 
questions I have been living with for a while.....I will keep you posted on what 
comes out of my hema appointment, 
Until then, here is a good web site that gave me a little info on this condition.
Xo K

3 comments:

  1. Krisanne, I love you so much and am glad you finally have some answers. Blood clots are something I am VERY familiar with. If you do end up having to deal with blood thinners and the entire thing I can offer you a shoulder and some advise. I hope all works out perfect for you. I love you. Dr. Dahle was great for me during my pregnancy with blood thinners and clotting issues, just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, I love you too. Leah, My mom and I were actually just talking about you and the crazy stuff you went through with the heart condition and the blood clots. I am happy to have someone close to me that I could talk to with knowledge and experience in the who thing. Thank you. Love you

    ReplyDelete